What You Need to Know
Before using either of our buying methods, we suggest that you start by looking over our online offering sheet so that you can see all of the coffees available for sale, from “Spot” inventory (meaning coffee already in warehouse) to those that are “Afloat” (coffees on their way to us from the origin countries), and even coffees booked for future delivery. All of our sales are bound by and made in accordance with the terms and conditions of the Specialty Coffee Association green coffee contracts.
Our time-tested, traditional method of calling or emailing your salesperson for price quotes on full bags – minimum order is one bag – along with any other information you need enables us to get to know you and the nuances of your business. That way, we can tailor your experience appropriately.
We also offer fractional bags of green coffee. Our full bags are broken down into smaller amounts and packaged accordingly (weights may vary). Our fractional bags are only available through our online store. If you would like to view our fractional bag offerings please visit our Online Store.
For full bag orders, we accept several forms of payment:
- Credit card
- Wire transfer
- ACH payment
Payment of your first two orders must be made in advance of shipping using one of the methods above. After your first two orders, you may want to complete a credit application to apply for terms of Net 15 or Net 30 days. The decision to extend credit is based on your company’s specific requirements, verification of your credit information, and our bank’s discretion. A finance charge of 1.5% per month is applied to all delinquent accounts.
Note: When you order from us online, payment is made through PayPal directly from your PayPal account. If you don’t have a PayPal account, you will need to set one up first.
Order Cut-off Times and Warehouse Hours of Operation
Getting your green coffee delivered when you need it is something that’s very important to both of us! Here’s a rundown of helpful information for all of our warehouses:
New Jersey Warehouse
Orders must be placed by 3:00 PM (EST/EDT) for next day shipment.
Royal Coffee New York, Inc.
661 Hadley Road
South Plainfield, NJ 07080
Customer pickups from 8:30 AM – 4:00 PM, Monday – Friday.
Orders must be placed by 12:00 Noon (EST/EDT) for next day shipment.
Dupuy Silo Facility
5330 West Fifth Street
Jacksonville, FL 32254
Customer pickups by appointment. Please call 904-394-9183.
Orders must be placed by 4:00 PM (EST/EDT) for next day shipment
Caffeinated Cargo, LLC
1121 Larsen Road
Fort Atkinson, WI 53538
Customer Pickups by appointment. Please call 920-568-9800
Shipping Options and Information
Once you’ve placed a full-bag order with your salesperson, we want to make sure that the shipment receives any special services you require and that it arrives as quickly and safely as possible to your delivery location. We enjoy discounted freight rates from several carriers, and we’re happy to share them with you! These rates are most cost-effective when shipping a full pallet of coffee (usually 9-10 bags). Of course, if you already have an account with a specific trucking company, just give us your account number to put on the paperwork. In case you didn’t know, customer pickups are welcome at all of our warehouse locations, too.
Ordering Green Coffee Online
You can also place an order through our online store during market hours (7:00 am – 10:00 pm EST/EDT)! Once your order and payments are finished processing, you will receive an email confirmation and your order should ship from our South Plainfield, NJ warehouse location within 24 hours via UPS Ground.
Other Shipping Details
– Update your delivery address as necessary to make sure we are shipping to the correct location.
– Let us know if you need any special services such as lift gate, short truck, residential delivery, etc. so they can be set up accordingly. Although these services cost a little extra, they can go a long way toward giving you a smoother delivery experience.
– LTL orders shipping with a trucking company are palletized, shrink-wrapped, and/or strapped to protect your coffee. A cardboard slip sheet will separate organic and non-organic coffees if they are shipping on the same pallet.
– Customer pickups can be palletized or floor loaded, let us know what you prefer. If floor loading is selected, please be prepared to assist warehouse personnel to get the bag(s) into your vehicle.
– Our shipments are made on a FOT (Free on Truck) Warehouse basis. This means Royal Coffee NY will pay for the cost of preparing and loading your coffee order onto the truck. Ownership of the coffee transfers to you, the buyer, at that time. Shipping charges and insurance coverage from our warehouse to your location are for the buyer’s account.
– Orders shipped from our NJ and FL warehouses are “Freight Collect” and freight charges need to be paid at the time of delivery. If your order ships from our WI warehouse, Caffeinated Cargo will select the best trucking company & rate for you and then send an invoice for the freight cost.
– When your order is delivered, please check the shipment thoroughly. If your order arrives with damaged bags, incorrect bags, or any other problems, please call our office immediately before the truck driver leaves. We will assist you with any notes you need to put on the delivery receipt.
– For customers placing larger orders (150 bags floor loaded or palletized), we are able to offer spot freight rate quotes from several carriers for dedicated, full truckload service. Please speak with your salesperson as early as possible before the requested shipping date as this service can require appointments with both the trucking company and our warehouse.